1. The Company is committed to the values of honesty and morality. Based on these values, the Board of Directors and the Executives have provided practical guidance on daily duties performing, decision-making and the way of treating its business partners, customers and outsiders. Written regulations stipulate that the executives and personnel staff must perform their duties with loyalty and keep to the Code of conduct Handbook regarding a prohibition of action that may provoke conflicts of the interest and bribery that may cause damage to the organization. Disciplinary actions shall call upon different measures of punishments stated in the Company’s rules where, the executives and other employees acknowledge and sign each year. In addition, the Code of conduct is communicated to them and outsiders via the Company’s website.
A monitoring process and aforementioned performance evaluation has been carried out by the internal audit team. The executives and other employees have conducted a self-assessment, and they have been assessed by independent experts from the outside and external auditor as well.
By means of detective controls, the Company has managed to act in time upon noncompliance of the above-mentioned rules. Penalties are imposed or corrective actions are taken within a reasonable time period against violation of principles of loyalty and the Code of conduct.
2. The Board of Directors is independent from the Company’s executives; their duties are to supervise, oversee and improve the operation of internal control process.
The Company has determined to the Board of Directors specific roles and duties explicitly segregated from the management, clear goals of business operation and measurable plans as guidelines for both the executives and employees’ performance. It has also established roles and duties of the Board of Directors and executives in conformity to the laws and rules, together with those of the Audit Committee, auditor, internal audit team as well as a person in charge of financial reporting.
The Board of Directors has an understanding of the Company’s activities and helpful expertise and they can have consultations with specialists over this matter.
The Board of Directors comprised of Independent Directors who are skilled, competent, reliable and fully independent of work – that is one third of the Board of Directors,
The Board of Directors has undertaken an appropriate evaluation of adequacy of the internal control system in all aspects.
3. While taking business operation and the laws into account, the management has properly set the organizational structure and a hierarchical authority of command and responsibilities among the Board of Directors, Executives and personnel staff, including a design of an efficient internal control process with the aim of achieving the organization’s objectives.
4. The Company has had its intention of motivating, improving and keeping skilled, competent and suitable personnel staff. Performance evaluations have been conducted in a bid to give incentives and rewards to employees for their good work, if not, to take actions to the personnel of whom their performance objectives were not met. This practice is made explicitly known to the executives as well as other staff members. Besides, problems solutions and preparatory measures are provided such as consulting service, training programs and succession plan for important ranks in case of a shortage of personnel.
5. The Company has ensured that each staff has a duty and is held responsible for internal control within his or her span of authority. The executives have provided corrective actions in operational process if needed through indicators of performance, assessment with the aim of incentives and rewards offering while taking account of the Code of conduct linking to achievement of the organization’s internal control objectives in a short term and long term. There has not been too much pressure on the individual performance under the condition.